What You'll Do
In this role you'll provide technical leadership in design,implementation and support of the database services that are highly reliable, flexible, scalable and cost effective. You'll also develop, support and communicate database engineering policies, and guidelines. In addition, you'll manage all levels of support for implementations and operations.You'll also be expected to manage risks by assessing the gaps or opportunities and be expected to implement action plans to mitigate risk when applicable.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco-Jasper is also a key partner of mobile network operators like AT&T, Telefonica, América Móvil, NTT Docomo, Cricket Wireless, Telenor and others. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, California), our Eastern U.S. Center of Excellence is in the Atlanta area (Alpharetta, Georgia), and we have a presence in eleven countries. We power IoT businesses around the world.
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast growing IoT, M2M and Consumer Wireless services firm that has a global footprint. We are looking to hire an extremely bright and ambitious Principle Database Administrator to join our team in Santa Clara, CA.
Who You Are
You've got at least 10 years of experience in a leadership role managing highly transactional Oracle OLTP databases in excess of 5TB in a 7/24 environment.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• Proven ability to develop architecture and provide design oversight that incorporates high availability, operations supportability and scalability to a high volume, rapidly growing world class IoT business
• Expert level knowledge of database backup and recovery process and HA solutions like Data Guard, Golden Gate, RAC and Shareplex.
• Expert knowledge of OLTP database internals for tuning applications written in PL/SQL
• Direct experience with Oracle running on UNIX, preferably Linux
• Hands-on experience with different aspect of database tuning, application (PL/SQL) and SQL tuning
• Experience with Private-Public cloud setup, open source technologies and automation
• Experience with SaaS and PaaS design.
• Experience with other relational database technologies such as MySql and PostgreSQL.
• Experience with automation and tools designed to support highly transactional databases for large scale and with highest levels of availability
• Experience leading a team and multiple initiatives in a fast-paced team environment with flexibility with changes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven project management skills required with attention to details
• Must work well in team environment with high individual productivity
Jasper, which became part of Cisco in March of 2016, is a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform leader. Cisco Jasper has designed its industry-leading, cloud-based IoT platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When companies do this, they become much more than product businesses. They become service businesses, capable of automatically managing their customers' entire IoT service lifecycle, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue. More than 9,000 companies in over 20 vertical markets, including many of the world's top brands, choose Cisco Jasper to fast-track their IoT services. Jasper currently partners with 30 mobile operator groups, representing more than 100 mobile operator networks worldwide.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.