Oracle's x86-West hardware development
organization seeks to add an experienced Electrical Board Engineer to work with electrical, mechanical, power and signal integrity teams in Santa Clara, California! Here is your opportunity to work with ever changing latest unreleased technology from Intel and other top (compute, storage and communications) companies to design unparalleled servers for database appliance, middleware, and other vertically integrated solution offerings. Work in a smaller organization within Oracle to team up with other technical experts in Signal Integrity, Power, Electrical, Validation, Mechanical, Diagnostics, BIOS and OS, to leverage their expertise and further enhance your expertise. Build your network with the help and collaboration of 115,000 talented and highly motivated Oracle colleagues, and over 390,000 customers from around the globe. This position focuses on in-house design with very moderate domestic and international travel for design power-on and test. Enjoy flexibility that allows you to balance your career and personal time while keeping at the leading edge of server technology and designs.
The team is responsible for the architecture, analysis, detailed design, development, integration, test, and delivery of Oracle servers based on the latest high-end server-grade merchant silicon.
The systems delivered are integrated as building blocks for some of Oracle's market leading and growing Engineered Systems & Appliances. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for system and board level architecture and design from the prototype phase through to the transition to volume production. Detailed Responsibilities:
The list of responsibilities (but not limited to) may include:
- Parts selection and qualification.
- Schematic Capture.
- Board Floor planning.
- Provide guidance to CAD designers (placement and routing).
- Review CAD work.
- Lead and participate in formal design reviews.
- Work with SI and PI engineers on pre-layout planning based on simulations.
- Author HW specifications.
- Publish bill of materials.
- Bring up and test prototypes.
- Develop and Implement test plans.
- Mentor Junior Engineers.
- Lab debug of HW problems.
An engineer in this position must work closely with the System leads and Architects to ensure the overall system requirements are achieved. In this role, you will collaborate with Operations Engineering, Value Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, PCB layout designers, and External manufacturers to review and optimize designs. You must have a proven track record of designing and delivering high quality, high speed, enterprise class products to market. Desired Skills and Experience Job Requirements:
*PLEASE INCLUDE RESUME. Thank you! Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
- Proficient in the complete flow of CAD design tools such as Cadence, Concept, Allegro.
- Proficient in constraint driven design methodologies.
- Experience with the use of high performance processors and support FPGAs.
- Experience with high power on-board modern VRD designs.
- Strong knowledge and application of high-speed design methodologies for Signal Integrity is a must.
- Experience with effective PCB stack-up design is a must.
- Experience with high speed buses to include:
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet, Infiniband, and emerging storage interconnect
- Excellent communication and leadership skills will be needed.
- FPGA design experience with Verilog is a plus.
- Experience with Intel chip sets is a plus.
- Power integrity analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience with Digital or Analog Simulation is a plus.
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical components, assemblies or integrated circuitry for hardware systems for the external market. Includes new design, as well as modification activities that results in significant product enhancement. Activities encompass design, analysis, testing and process development using engineering principles and methods. Technical disciplines may include electrical and logical design of printed circuit boards or integrated circuits; mechanical design of electronics enclosures or integrated circuit packaging; and embedded software/firmware design.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.