The Principle Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering for their assigned platform or functional area. The Principle Engineer develops/manages capital strategy development and implementation for the assigned projects including product or package commercialization projects. The Principle Engineer is responsible for following the assigned project management methodology, reporting and tracking performance, schedule and cash flow of the projects. The Principle Engineer assists with technical support and leadership in beverage manufacturing systems, equipment and processes.
1. Creates capital strategies with plant(s)/platform/brand teams and communicates them to internal stakeholders and support teams.
2. Develops and/or manages multi-year projects involving potentially multiple manufacturing facilities concurrently implementing project assignments and schedules. Duties include the development of project plans, estimation of costs, coordination of vendors, and supporting execution of projects from conception through start-up and commissioning at agreed performance levels (time, cost, line performance, etc.).
3. For those with direct employee management responsibilities, manage all HR processes including recruitment, performance management and development, etc. Communication and Collaboration
- Lead the development of capital plans - agreeing to programs, priorities, and timing with PSS Teams.
- Manage regular communication routines with plant(s)/platform and support functions to insure alignment and awareness
- Collaborate with Quality, Safety, Environmental, Purchasing, Legal, Operational Excellence, and others to insure appropriate internal checks and warm hand-offs in successful project execution.
- Partner with PSS Strategy to ensure consistent vision for business case development.
- Analyze or develop, communicate and execute new strategic improvement opportunities based upon business knowledge.
- Provide expertise in equipment, machinery operation, manufacturing, etc. for thermal, water, food service, dairy, aseptic and sparkling platforms to ensure operating efficiencies at production sites.
- Lead and facilitate development of equipment solutions to support product and package initiatives.
- Create and manage capital strategies and communicate them to internal stakeholders and equipment manufacturers.
- Adhere to all BIG/KO requirements for specification and performance.
Education Level Required
- Lead teams of internal and external stakeholders in addition to working as an individual contributor.
- Lead stakeholders in finding Technical solutions for complex issues.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and influencing skills.
Education Level Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline; equivalent work experience considered.
- Master's degree in engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing and engineering experience in beverage, food, aseptic, or dairy manufacturing environments required (other CPC experience considered).
- 5-10 years of manufacturing, engineering, and maintenance experience in advanced processing environments such as Aseptic or Dairy applications.
- Proven technical expertise in processes and/or machinery utilized in the beverage industry.
50%-75% Travel Leadership Behaviors:
- Speaking/Presenting - Clearly articulate ideas, opinions, feelings and information in technical presentations and speeches so that the intended purpose is achieved and the needs of the audience are met.
- Collaborating - Work effectively with others to achieve positive results.
- Thinking Analytically - Summarize information concisely and clearly identify key elements, patterns, results, or relationships. Utilizing data to draw conclusions and make fact based decisions.
- Thinking Creatively - Generate innovative "out of the box" approaches and improved solutions that help create incremental gains in manufacturing results.
- Prioritizing - Coordinate and organize resources and people in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access with experience developing spreadsheet models, relational databases, and presentations.
- Formalized project planning - utilizing tools and process to develop and track a project
- Technical expertise in processes and/or machinery utilized in the beverage, food, and dairy industries.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.