Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
Reporting to the Operations Manager within Symantec Network Infrastructure, you will be part of Symantec's Voice Operations team. If you are currently a Telecom Engineer specializing in Cisco IPT solution and located within commute distance of Symantec's IT centers in Tucson or Mountain View this is the team for you.
The role will be supporting Symantec's corporate strategy delivering transformational projects to support mobility, collaboration and productivity.Responsibilities
- The candidate will be tasked with network support as it relates to the Cisco VOIP environment and isolate and resolve complex problems utilizing appropriate diagnostic tools.
- The candidate will also be required to provide mentoring, training, and support to other Voice Engineers and Operations team as needed.
- Perform application design updates across all components of the system.
- Work with Telco vendors to support infrastructure and as well as troubleshooting outages.
- Provide consistent and frequent project status updates.
- Knowledge of Global Change Management Processes, RCA's and Problem Management
- Ensuring compliance with data security policies and procedures.
- Installs and tests product and operating systems upgrades
- Ability to use tools such as RTMT, Sciencelogic, NetBrain, Securelogix, Unified FX, Splunk
Preferred Education, Skills and ExperienceEducation and Experience
- 5 + years' experience working with Cisco Unified Call Manager Clusters (version 9.x or later versions a plus) and Cisco Unity Connection Voice Mail.
- Experience with SIP, H323 and MGCP voice signaling protocol troubleshooting and some configuration.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring Voice Service Gateways (ISR Routers, VG224, CUBE, CUSP, VXML, Cisco SRST).
- Experience of Centralized Enterprise Dial Plan Design - Dialing Habits \\ Class Of Service \\ Partitioning \\ On-Net & Off-Net, QoS on both WAN and LAN to ensure quality voice.
- Experience of Cisco CUCM CDR.
- Experience in network switches to trouble shoot phones.
- Experience with Cisco IPT integration with Microsoft Active Directory in an Enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with WAN (MPLS/VRF), Routing Protocols BGP, EIGRP, Wi-Fi, DHCP/DNS.
- Experience initiating and delivering small to medium scale voice projects including development of standards, process and documentation for voice services.
- Experience: 5+ years in IT Infrastructure Voice or Telecommunications engineering.
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Engineering, Telecommunications, or other relative technological field
- Experience working cross functionally communicating with geographically dispersed teams across various Business units
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.