The Enterprise Replication team in the Database Development group is responsible for the core GoldenGate replication functionality, powering various replication-oriented features inside the Oracle RDBMS, such as XStream Out, XStream In, Oracle Audit Vault and Oracle Change Data Capture. Oracle GoldenGate is Oracle's strategic platform for data integration and replication across heterogeneous platforms and databases. It is the market's leading product with continuing growth potential and is key technology for managing information in the cloud.
Oracle GoldenGate is used by many high profile customers who are among the most innovative, leading edge technology companies on the planet. Oracle GoldenGate enables real-time, continuous movement of transactional data across operational and analytical business systems. It provides real-time access to real-time information and is the strategic platform for enterprise replication and the future of data integration. It is used by over thousands of customers across Fortune 500 companies. GoldenGate is a key technology for moving and synchronizing information in the cloud and making the cloud elastic.
Future projects include building a highly scalable and reliable platform for deploying Oracle GoldenGate, secure
authentication, encryption, obfuscation, a massive parallel apply infrastructure for any database (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), zero-downtime application/database/hardware migrations, extensible infrastructure for supporting additional operating system platforms and database vendors, etc. PREFERRED QUALIFICTIONS:
- 5 years' experience as a Programmer or Software Engineer in medium to large network Distributed and Computing Enterprise Applications environment.
- 5 years' experience with Object-Oriented coding including C and C and Object-Oriented design.
- Proficiency Database skills including Oracle Database, DB2, and/or SQL Server, SQL performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience with Data Integration and/or Replication functionality and features, such as XStream Out, XStream In, Oracle Audit Vault and Oracle Change Data Capture is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Oracle GoldenGate is preferred by not required.
- Experience defining and developing frameworks to help business users create and manage extensible Enterprise-class Applications on top of Oracle's platform preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Related Field of Study.
- Strong people acumen skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Strong Analytical and Technical leadership skills.
- Enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated individual contributor with a "can-do" attitude.
- Passion for user friendly software and a commitment to a design driven approach to software development
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.