• MS degree
• Excellent understanding of Drug and Food GMPs as relevant to GSK Consumer Healthcare as well as familiar with FDA, European and global regularity requirements, such as ICH
• Track record of coaching and mentoring peers and other staff
• Competency to lead large, complex, global teams with track record of on time delivery of multiple initiatives
• Expertise with key technologies and industry norms and applies to different areas of responsibilities as required
• Creative and imaginative in approaching diverse R&D projects
• PhD degree
A Principal Development Scientist in Digestive Health (Tums, Benefiber, GasX), New Product Development is a
• Broad-based technical leader that spans across multiple scientific disciplines and is a recognized expert in the scientific community
• Technical leader that assists in developing and executing technical strategies for the Category
• Project Leader of complex global projects
They will demonstrate world class technical expertise in formulation science (i.e. - tablets, capsules, liquids, confectionary), providing leadership in the direction and development of that specialist area regarded as critical to future business growth. They will operate at the interface of functional disciplines, both inside and outside of NPD, and coordinate the activities of specialists to design work programs and participate in their execution to provide support to development projects or existing projects.
She/He may lead complex global projects or have overall leadership responsibility for multiple projects (2-5). They will lead these projects across all R&D functions. They will manage overall work priorities and ensure team activities are in accordance with company standards and regulations, taking into account scientific, budgetary and timing objectives.
This Principal Development Scientist may provide technical leadership in the development and execution of technical strategy and acts as a technical expert in supporting all NPD and Innovation in his/her areas of expertise. Can help facilitate resolution of complex technical problems. Coaches and mentors staff to become proficient in technical skills and to develop new technical skills in support of technical strategy and/or business needs.
Other Key responsibilities include:
• Makes wide ranging, independent decisions on projects and technical issues
• Acts as a liaison to evaluate external technology and develop new technical expertise internally
• Stays current with technologies and industry practices and applies relevant information to GSK Consumer Healthcare
• Develops strong links with external scientific community including academia, trade associations and professional bodies
• Explores and identify new technologies as appropriate with the agreement of the key stakeholders and develop expertise internally
• Identifies, evaluates and delivers new technology, materials or ingredients
• Ensures that research upholds highest scientific standards
• Presents finding at conferences, publishes paper, authors patents
• Coaches and mentors peers and other staff to develop new technical skills.
• Works with Manager to assess staff for potential growth for others within the organization
• Communicates collaboratively and influences staff at all organisational levels with both internally and externally with specific organizations.
• Facilitates and manages internal and external relationships within Consumer Healthcare, GSK as a whole, and with external groups toward fostering a an environment of knowledge sharing when applicable.
• Works across different scientific disciplines and integrates knowledge from a variety of sources; resolves conflicting data and opinions between these functions is essential.
• Champions creativity in teams to deliver innovation to the business.
• Operates on specific assignments which may be of short duration (e.g. due diligence of development partners), or long term (e.g. lead outsourcing initiative to low cost country) in a manner that reflects the challenges in a professional and confidential manner.
• Provides technical input and direction from a product development perspective to the Therapeutic Category Team and related functions as the expert for that category.
• Thinks strategically and provides recommendations and decisions which have a major impact on project plans.
• Thinks innovatively for better, more efficient ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.