This position supports a wide array of business lines from creative concept to final execution. In this role you will be responsible for executing effective purchasing methodologies for the buying of print, collateral and direct mail services for Card and Network Marketing initiatives. The ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external business partners, thriving in an everyday being a new challenge environment, along with flexibility and openness to change in a fast paced environment is key to being successful in this fun and satisfying role. This position reports to a Manager in Production Services. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as the lead production contact for print collateral, premiums and direct mail campaigns
- Manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Daily management of production tasks such as the buying of print, management and communication of timelines, consultation on creative design, routing proof/sign offs for approvals and adherence to postal regulations.
- Optimize production procurement through effective purchasing and savings strategies.
- Constant evaluation to improve/streamline/automate all processes.
- Drive efficiency and innovation.
- Focus on Quality, Controls and Risk management; ensuring compliance, minimizing operating risk and risk management.
Collaboration and Communication.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Serve as a liaison between Production Services, internal business partners and external suppliers.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive internal and external business partner relationships.
- Meet business partners needs through partnership and communication to effectively plan and execute current and future projects.
- Meet business partners needs through partnership and communication to effectively plan and execute current
- Drive collaboration between the teams and ensure brand standards are met across all internal teams and external suppliers.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of recent professional experience with direct mail and/ or direct marketing, print production, campaign management, or related fields
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills are a must
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Attuned to accuracy and compliance requirements
- General understanding of Marketing Principles
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build relationships with internal and external teams to drive own deliverables
- Production knowledge or experience with print materials and postal processes
See job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.