Coordinate production of printed materials, or print related services for the Company's customers. Maintain positive customer relations through active engagement of the customer through add stages of the manufacturing process from initial contact through final dispostion of the customer's product.
- Engage customes to gather job requirements & translate customer requirements into detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions & shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers products. Make suggestions to customers regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed jobs to maximize the benefits to both the customer & the Company.
- Ensure job instructions are entered & verified in the various manufacturing systems & queued into the production schedule
- Provide pre-sales support with customers & discuss the manufacturing capabilities & requirements needed to produce a successful job. May assist sales with pricing/scheduling of potential business by referring to price sheets & engaging appropriate operations departments.
- Confer with customers throughout production to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs & coordinate changes to jobs. May forward/review proofs with customer, obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations, or ink samples.
- Coordinated production of components with other internal plants and/or external vendors as required.
- Coordinate the resolution of customer or manufacturing issues with customer jobs. Engage appropriate depts. to verify the issue & determine the root case. May make recommendationos to management on appropriate response to issues that are in the best interest of the customer and the company. Communicate with customers regarding teh resolution of issues.
- Monitor progress of jobs throughout production, confer with manufacturing operations on counts & final runs, and ensure teh final prodt. meets customer requirements & company standards
- Tally final production runs & work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
- May mentor junior level print production staff or work on special projects
Business Unit/Platform Specific duties:
- May have responsibility for determining the supplies & paper needed for jobs including the use of vendors to supply component of the customer product
- May assist sales in the RFP process supplying estimates & determining how to efficiently process a complete job.
- May have responsibility for the composition and/or copy prep of the customers products.
- Preforms other related duties & participates in special projects as assigned.