Coordinate production of printed materials, or print related services for the Company's customers. Maintain positive customer relations through active engagement of the customer through add stages of the manufacturing process from initial contact through final disposition of the customer's product.
- Engage customers to gather job requirements & translate customer requirements into detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions & shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers products. Make suggestions to customers regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed jobs to maximize the benefits to both the customer & the Company.
- Ensure job instructions are entered & verified in the various manufacturing systems & queued into the production schedule
- Provide pre-sales support with customers & discuss the manufacturing capabilities & requirements needed to produce a successful job. May assist sales with pricing/scheduling of potential business by referring to price sheets & engaging appropriate operations departments.
- Confer with customers throughout production to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs & coordinate changes to jobs. May forward/review proofs with customer, obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations, or ink samples.
- Coordinated production of components with other internal plants and/or external vendors as required.
- Coordinate the resolution of customer or manufacturing issues with customer jobs. Engage appropriate depts. to verify the issue & determine the root case. May make recommendationos to management on appropriate response to issues that are in the best interest of the customer and the company. Communicate with customers regarding teh resolution of issues.
- Monitor progress of jobs throughout production, confer with manufacturing operations on counts & final runs, and ensure teh final prodt. meets customer requirements & company standards
- Tally final production runs & work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
- May mentor junior level print production staff or work on special projects
Business Unit/Platform Specific duties:
- May have responsibility for determining the supplies & paper needed for jobs including the use of vendors to supply component of the customer product
- May assist sales in the RFP process supplying estimates & determining how to efficiently process a complete job.
- May have responsibility for the composition and/or copy prep of the customers products.
- Preforms other related duties & participates in special projects as assigned.
- Support online web-to-print application and company website
- Help build and refine variable data projects using proprietary application
- Manage online orders and provide user technical support
PRINT BACKGROUND PREFERRED
HS Diploma or equivalent with 5-6 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office enviroment directly related to teh duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience. May possess additional education certification in this level.
Requires excellent knowledge of functional area(s) related to the job or good knowledge related to a professional field of work.
- Able to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and program objectives when carrying out the duties of the job.
- May provide oversight of work conducted by junior level staff and/or review/audit work for accuracy.
- Must have advanced knowledge of technology to include computers & software programs such as MS Office, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete job duties successfully.
- Must have excellent oral & written communication skills to communicate effectively across departments when completing assignments.
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines & prioritize workload and make adjustments to meet business needs.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Expertise with HTML & CSS
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (eg, Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Proficient with FTP clients and file transfer
- Strong working knowledge of Wordpress CMS
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.