Coordinate production of printed materials, or print related services for the company’s customers. Maintain positive customer relations through active engagement of the customer through all stages of the manufacturing process from initial contact through final disposition of the customers product.
Work assignments are typically both a mix of routine and non-routine work that often requires deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete given wide variety of circumstances encountered in the job. Work is reviewed primarily for end results and is performed under general guidelines or procedures which include administrative directives in the form of rules, policies, and established precedents pertinent to the assignment. Ability to establish own priorities
Engage customers to gather job requirements and translate customer requirements in to detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions and shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers’ products. May make suggestions to customers regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed jobs to maximize the benefits to both the customer and the company. Provide quality review for other Print Production Specialists to ensure all information is accounted for and accurate before commencement of production.
- Ensure job instructions are entered and verified in the various manufacturing systems and queued in to the production schedule.
- Confer with customers throughout production to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs and coordinate changes to jobs. May forward/review proofs with customer, obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations, or ink samples.
- Coordinate production of components with other internal plants and/or external vendors as required.
- Coordinate the resolution of customer or manufacturing issues with customer jobs. Engage appropriate departments to verify the issue and determine the root case. May make recommendations to management on appropriate response to issues that are in the best interest of the customer and the company. Communicate with customers regarding the resolution of issues.
- May provide pre-sales support with customers and discuss the manufacturing capabilities and requirements needed to produce a successful job.
- Monitor progress of jobs throughout production, confer with manufacturing operations on counts and final runs and ensure the final product meets customer requirements and company standards.
- Tally the final production runs and work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
- May mentor junior level Print Production staff or work on special projects.
Business Unit/Platform Specific duties
May have responsibility for determining the supplies and paper needed for jobs including the use of vendors to supply component of the customer product.
- May assist sales in the RFP process supplying estimates and determining how to efficiently process a complete job.
- May have responsibility for the composition and/or copy prep of the customers’ products.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.