Acts as primary liaison and solution architect between customer, sales, and production facilities across the platform. Oversee, plan and coordinate the production of print jobs in order to achieve the objectives of the service agreement in compliance of customer expectations, company policy, and profit and quality requirements. Applies understanding of customer’s business needs in building solid customer relationships, monitoring customer satisfaction, and providing consulting in conjunction with RR Donnelley sales. Is the primary point of coordination for customer-required services across all locations and all platforms.
- Primary resource and back up for sales and field operations/service staff on a variety high profile, complex and/or major accounts which print across multiple plants in the platform. Time served on each account will vary with specific coverage need.
- Build constructive relationships with primary customer contacts and apply knowledge of customer’s business (organization structure, value chain, strategic plans, etc.) to partner with Sales to assess and develop processes to deliver on service quality and solutions development for the customer. Communicate the requirements to all locations in the platform.
- Provides recommendations to process improvements to bolster improved quality, customer satisfaction, increased productivity and lower operating costs.
- Provide print procurement and coordination of all sales/marketing/promotion print and print related collateral for the customer.
- Ensure all on site operations are managed and coordinated to satisfy contracted SLA’s, conceive, document and execute standard operation procedures to support the above.
- Provide requested customer facing metrics reports as requested from existing reports suite, customizing where necessary.
- Coordinate efforts with the customers marketing group to gather all of the print requirements and data files for current and anticipated projects. Provide guidance to the customer regarding the print manufacturing process and the various requirements needed to efficiently (cost and time) produce print and print related collateral.
- Source external vendors including RR Donnelley to produce print collateral. Build network of print outsourcers to use for print projects. Submit RFP/RFQ requests to vendors and make recommendations to the customer on which providers will meet the needs for quality and delivery for print campaigns.
- Facilitate the resolution of production-related problems and conduct appropriate service recovery process.
- Oversee the entire print lifecycle for ongoing projects from the initial requirements gathering, vendor selection and coordination with manufacturing, to final delivery of products. Work with vendors to ensure SLA’s are met and products are received by the customer on time. Make recommendations to the customer to move print work to other sites/vendors when issues arise.
- Work with the customer to offer creative solutions that support print sourcing.
- Work with customers to facilitate prototypes and development of custom print pieces. May coordinate the outsourcing development of prototypes.
- Supervise daily activities/project work loads of Print/Media Procurement Specialists.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Provides leadership, career development and procedural assistance to the junior Print Production Account Specialists.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-9 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience. Must have thorough knowledge of commercial print and print related services.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to solve somewhat more complex task or problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays if project requires it.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.