Performs daily operational activities within the Privacy Office to ensure Walgreens maintains privacy standards without breach. Helps to mitigate risk and responds to regulatory agencies, team members, etc. on Privacy questions and/or issues presented.Job Responsibilities
- Identifies, researches, investigates and evaluates known and potential privacy risks and compliance risks across the Company and its operating units; conduct and/or coordinate privacy vulnerability and risk assessments, present conclusions and recommendations, and develop and implement corrective action strategies and plans.
- Fulfills responsibilities with limited supervision while maintaining effective communications with management. Determine possible solutions, designs, implements and evaluates most effective solution to mitigate and determine the source of potential breaches.
- Develops, implements and conducts risk based reviews/audits, which are in compliance with privacy and audit standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Assists in updating of existing policies and drafts new policies, as needed. Assists in the development of Privacy correspondence to regulatory agencies, team members, etc. Manages all related incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Assesses potential/actual research conflicts of interest and may develop management plans, as appropriate.
- Interprets regulatory changes and reviews all applicable documentation to determine applicable modifications to institutional policies and practices. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists in the areas of educating the workforce, breach investigations, communication of audit findings, policy development, risk analysis and report preparation.
- Conducts privacy reviews in accordance with the departmental guidelines. Assists in the development of the annual privacy plan
- Effectively evaluates overall audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders on privacy protection issues including the implementation of Privacy standards and requirements.
- Performs periodic reviews to ensure that a project is progressing in accordance with project plans, is adequately supported by documentation and continues to meet the organization's objectives
- Exhibits creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to department practices and processes
- Develops a working technical knowledge of the business units supported and the overall Walgreens organization.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, accreditation standards, professional standards, ethical principles, and other privacy requirements. Regularly monitor advancements in information privacy technologies and legislative and regulatory developments to ensure appropriate adoption and compliance with applicable laws.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in a corporate compliance and/or privacy role or a High School Diploma and at least 6 years of experience in a corporate compliance and/or privacy role.
- Experience with privacy laws, regulations, frameworks and industry practices.
- Knowledge of privacy principles.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree
- Technical or related degree
- CIPP or CIPM certification
- Experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information, and release control technologies.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.