Morgan Stanley ("MS") is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM), and Asset Management. MSWM provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services. MS Private Banking Group is seeking a high potential private banker ("Private Bankers") to consider the financial needs of the client and recommend private banking products to MSWM's FAs and their clients. Private Bankers will be assigned to a single high opportunity office, two offices or multiple offices in a Region.
• Partner with FAs to provide the best financial advice on private banking products to clients
• Build product awareness and understanding among Financial Advisors, with emphasis on the high opportunity FAs.
• Partner with Financial Advisors to profile their client base, identify and analyze business opportunities and succeed in growing new banking revenue.
• Act independently in making financial recommendations on private banking products to the client.
• Provide the best private banking financial advice to clients in conjunction with FAs.
• Build, promote, market and maintain an adequate pipeline of opportunities to meet private banking revenue goals.
• Establish a reputation of execution and excellence. Gain confidence of FAs to fully develop the banking opportunities with their clients.
• Develop and present creative and intelligent solutions and advise in structuring client transactions or offer constructive alternatives.
• Partner with the Associate Private Banker(s) in the Private Bank Contact Center to provide FA and client private banking product, distribution and service support.
• Act as the subject matter expert for all FA and Branch inquires on private banking products and client service offering direct or indirect solutions.
• Understand competitive environment and develop strategies to retain and win new business.
• Develop and implement product marketing strategies with Branch Management and FA team, consistent with providing sound financial private banking advice.
• Work with and communicate effectively with Financial Advisors, Branch Managers, Branch staff and Product partners.
• Minimum of 7 years of successful lending business development experience with an investment, commercial or private bank.
• Expert knowledge of credit products including credit cards, residential mortgage products, home equity lines of credit, securities based loans, high net worth tailored lending products and commercial credit facilities.
• Experience in understanding the financial needs of all types of clients.
• Proven new business development / origination experience with Lending products is required.
• Completion of formal credit training strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant experience
• Series 7, 63 (or 66) securities licenses required or to be obtained within 90 days of employment.
• Strong relationship building capabilities with Financial Advisors, Branch Managers, Clients, Product Specialists and matrix partners
• Strong understanding of the suite of all Banking & Lending products including deposit and cash management products.
• Ability to understand the financial needs of the retail brokerage clientele.
• Ability to efficiently, tactfully & professionally screen, manage and/or decline transactions while maintaining FA and client relationships.
• Possess excellent business development and marketing skills and desire to consistently achieve top revenue results.
• Maintain poise, presence and professionalism with FAs and their affluent clients in the most difficult circumstances.
• Demonstrate positive initiative, leadership and comfort working in a fast paced environment
• Detail orientation with strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to train Financial Advisors on product suite
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage Financial Advisor and client expectations
• Good collaboration skills in a team-oriented environment
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.