Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Wealth Management Operations
Global Wealth Management Operations provides brokerage, investment and financial services to hundreds of thousands of individual investors. We apply our expertise in serving institutional clients to create new opportunities for people to achieve their personal financial goals. Morgan Stanley has one of the largest retail brokerage networks, with numerous worldwide representatives and retail locations. Our services are tailored to each client's investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial needs. Products include mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and alternative investments where appropriate, as well as banking, mortgages, insurance and annuities.
The Private Banking Operations Deposits Team provides operational processing support for banking products offered to Morgan Stanley clients. The department's responsibilities include daily operational support for the Remote Deposit Capture, Mobile, and Branch Deposit Scanning check deposits. The department is also responsible for certain Bank Operations functions including Insured Network Deposit settlements.
- Process deposits to client and house accounts received from branches and other operations teams
- Ensure receipt and disposition of all physical checks are appropriately logged
- Handle inquiries and requests related to deposits from branches via workflow system and recorded calling system
- Create and distribute daily and ad hoc reports
- Review, accept, reject, modify deposits for acceptability using deposits workflow tool
- Perform transactional adjustments to client accounts requiring corrections.
- Assist with deposits system testing, as necessary
- Assist with system enhancement or new product efforts related to deposits processing
- Ensure compliance with deposits processing procedures and controls
- Liaise with branches and vendor to support remote deposit capture daily production volume
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client-centric and a Team Oriented player
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be detail oriented as well as a logical and proactive thinker
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to work under pressure in a time sensitive environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.