Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Job Description Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun .About the Team
Workday Private Cloud Team supports an ever growing virtualization platform across 8 global data centers for which the Workday application runs on. This team's mission is to focus 100% on Production Operations by helping the business deliver new products and features, supporting the growing customer base, and maintaining operational excellence of the world-class virtualization platform. that consists of to deploy, administer and operate a world-class virtualization platform
You will be joining a team of talented and passionate engineers and use innovative tools and technologies (e.g. OpenStack, OpenContrail, Ceph, Chef, Nagios/Sensu, Kafka/Elk) to deploy, administer and operate an awesome Private Cloud platform.About the You and the Role:
Other things to mention:
- This position requires advance knowledge of Linux systems administration, as it relates to Production Infrastructure and Operations. You will be part of a team that is directly responsible for the uptime of the Private Cloud platform and must have strong technical hands-on experience with all things Linux.
- In this role, you must think about our customers internal and external, delivering quickly on a wide range of daily operational tasks ranging from performance monitoring, troubleshooting, ad-hoc walkups, automation and projects goals, looping in other teams for transparency of work being performed.
- You understand moving fast is key for the company and ensuring services are available 24/7/365 requires on-call participation, careful planning of changes, detailed runbooks - documentation, collaboration and team due diligence around the 100's configuration changes we perform daily. If the work performed is manually repeated often, you find a way to automate the task. More so, you make things happen.
- You have a natural wonder for all things technology and 'geek-out' on all thing tech related. Your home lab could possibly be better than most corporate labs, where you learn about technologies like VMware, Docker and automation apps like chef/puppet/ansible.
- As a senior member of the team, you will actively contribute to the design of the platform
- With your knowledge and awareness of the new developments in the industry, you will help us to ensure the cloud is ready to meet our future requirements
- You will provide technical leadership to your peers in the team and help them to be their best
- MUST have, Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, private (OpenStack) and/or public (AWS/Azure/GCP) clouds is a plus
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems; good understanding of Data Centers and provisioning/managing infrastructure resources (Compute/Network/Storage)
- Fluent in Linux (CentOS/RedHat/Fedora/Ubuntu)
- Fluent in an Object Oriented Programming language like Python or Ruby
- Experience with emerging technologies like Docker/Rocket and Kubernetes/Mesos/Marathon is a plus
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (OpenContrail), Configuration Management Tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CICD) and Infrastructure As Code (IAC) is a plus
- Your awesome communication skills leave no room for ambiguity or miscommunication, and your follow up skills are second to none.
- At a minimum, 3+ years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.