PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
As part of our Assurance team, you will gain specialized knowledge. We collaborate with clients. We go inside companies, get to know their businesses, and then assure that the financial information they report to the public is clear and reliable.
We stand firm on quality and integrity, and we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
Check this out: http://pwc.to/auditvideo
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged with a high learning curve. You will learn through training programs and on-the-job interaction with co-workers and clients. You'll have mentors and formal coaches.
PwC is all about our people. We want high performance and high quality, and we want you to be challenged and fulfilled here. Join us and we?ll help you explore the career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
Don't take our word for it. See for yourself: http://pwc.to/pwcpeople
As a Private Company Services professional, you will serve as a trusted advisor, providing guidance on the wide array of business, accounting and tax matters faced by private companies throughout the business lifecycle
- from inception to growth, and maturity to transition. Our Private Company Services practice has access to our firm's global network of resources, as well as private company-focused audit and tax practitioners in every major US and international market including many key emerging markets.
Our Private Company Services professionals understand that a one size approach to client service does not necessarily fit all companies in today's market and regulatory environment. Our Private Company Services practice utilizes a flexible, tailored audit and tax compliance process that reflects the risk profiles of our private company clients and incorporates a pricing structure appropriate to those risks. Our integrated audit and tax team draws from industry and global best practices, connecting you and your company to our firm-wide network of resources all with quality and excellence you would expect from PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Depending on your market and office, you may have an opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries, including Financial Services, Technology, Entertainment, Media and Communications, Healthcare, Aerospace& Defense, Automotive, Consumer and Retail, Industrial Products, Energy and Mining, Power and Utilities.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Accounting
Thorough knowledge and exposure to the common business and accounting issues facing non-publicly traded companies in the manufacturing, distribution and services industry.
These issues include but are not limited to: mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entrepreneurship, funding requirements, growth objectives and exit strategies.
Technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success as a team leader and team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Applying extensive know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Driving the development of the audit approach, including the application of applicable auditing standards and firm audit methodology;
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements;
- Operating with a high-degree of professional skepticism, independence, and objectivityâ€”including considering the big picture to understand potential for fraud and material disclosure omissions; and,
- Creating and managing a full implementation plan.
- Continuously deepening and broadening business know-how
how it is changing and why this matters in order to articulate a relevant point of view;
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends;
- Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations; and,
- Coaching team members on problem-solving techniques and guiding them to use more sophisticated tools and frameworks.
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own, leveraging this information to adapt effectively their working styles;
- Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges; and,
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations.
- Taking the initiative to participate and seek to influence positively the outcome;
- Motivating others, helping them to understand and visualize goals;
- Helping others plan their development
how they will achieve their professional and personal goals;
- Displaying respect and fairness when managing others, bringing conflict into the open to enhance the quality of decisions and team effectiveness; and,
- Evaluating the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment.
- Helping team members determine the impact of their communication styles on others and coach their abilities to collaborate with and respond to clients and individuals;
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships, including those beyond the immediate sphere of interaction;
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients; and,
- Creating an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, and inclusion, and challenges traditional approaches.
So want to learn more? http://pwc.to/ whatwedo
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.