Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Role Summary/Purpose:
The individual will be involved in the accounting, operations, planning, financial analysis, and client reporting of >$10B of alternative investments sponsored and managed by GE Asset Management (GEAM). Portfolios include private equity, real estate, & hedge fund investments. Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate investment onboarding, transactions, cash movements, exits
- Assist with the financial closing (complete and accurate posting/reconciliation of cash transactions; valuations; income; expenses; etc.)
- Manage cash flow process (capital calls, cash distributions, forecasts, unfunded commitments)
- Analyze investment performance results on both absolute and relative basis
- Assist with preparation of investment valuations utilizing market, income and cost methodologies. Results presented to Valuations Committee.
- Participate in the audits of the alternative investment components of client portfolios
- Provide investment teams with financial support for due diligence of new acquisitions, restructurings, follow on investments, and dispositions
- Assist with ad-hoc data requests and analyses
- Work closely with extended Finance team resources (including offshore contractors).
- Interact extensively with external accounting agents/custodians, fund administrators, portfolio managers, legal, tax, risk, and IT.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related area from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years' related work experience in alternative investments (private equity; real estate; and/or hedge funds)
- Effective oral and written communication skills required; solid client-oriented interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks / deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in investments, financial modeling and portfolio performance analytics
- Must have technical skills necessary to utilize common software tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with financial systems, data warehouse queries and ledgers
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.