This position is with the Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners Private Equity Team ("AIP PE"). The AIP PE team is focused on providing world-class private markets solutions to our investors and has $10.7 billion in assets under management and advisory as of September 2017. AIP PE is part of Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners ("AIP"), a boutique investment business within Morgan Stanley Investment Management. AIP is Morgan Stanley's fund of funds group with teams specializing in private equity, hedge fund, and real estate investing, as well as a Portfolio Solutions Group that manages multi-asset class alternative investment portfolios. By housing these investment disciplines under one roof, AIP is uniquely positioned to offer a broad array of portfolio solutions and custom accounts that are tailored to clients' evolving investment objectives.
The candidate will work closely with the Investment Team, to conduct in-depth initial operational due diligence and ongoing monitoring on AIP Private Equity managers. This individual will be instrumental in developing the group's approach to assess and document operational risks across our Private Equity Manager Universe. This position will be based in the West Conshohocken, PA office.
• Conduct in-depth operational due diligence on private equity investments
• Work with Investment Team to evaluate the overall quality of systems, controls, infrastructure and personnel to identify potential issues relevant to the overall Private Equity Fund investment decision
• Prepare comprehensive reports detailing operating environment of investment managers and assess operational risk
• Present findings to investment committee and/or other internal groups
• Monitor existing investments and review reporting to ensure no adverse changes have occurred
• Remain current on industry trends and regulatory developments
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field with over 5 years related experience
• Big 4 audit experience, CPA or CFA a plus
• Background and experience analyzing operation risk of alternative investments, with specific experience with private equity investments preferred
• Significant background and understanding of risk management methodologies
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Highly detail oriented with a strong ability to manage and execute simultaneous projects and tasks without reminders
• Exceptionally self-motivated, with a high level of initiative and the resourcefulness to efficiently and effectively problem solve
• Knowledge of Alternative Investments and limited partnership agreements required, with specific Private Equity knowledge preferred
• Strong knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Willingness to travel as necessary
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.