Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Performance Analyst will have ownership of portfolio performance for investment management clients. The Analyst is expected to serve his/her clients with utmost integrity and care. The Analyst will hold himself/herself to high standards. The three major areas of responsibility for the Analyst are operations, analysis, and client service.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Calculate performance and provide timely delivery of daily, monthly, and/or quarterly performance, attribution, risk, universe, and custom reports to clients.
• Prepare executive summary, investment committee board report, and other high level reporting.
• Audit and verify accuracy of portfolio accounting data and reports.
• Reconcile and explain performance variation and difference against benchmarks and asset managers.
• Construct and maintain custom benchmarks and composites.
• Plan and coordinate work with accounting groups in meeting client reporting needs and elevate issues appropriately and timely.
• Analyze client portfolios or assets within their portfolios to explain performance and attribution variances.
• Analysis portfolio structure and component returns; explain changes between portfolio and benchmark.
• Work closely with senior client consultants in developing reporting for complex investment strategies.
• Interact and communicate with clients to address their needs, concerns, and inquiries.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investments, or Accounting
• 0-1 years financial or investment services experience, performance measurement experience is a plus
• CFA/CIPM candidacy highly desired but not necessary
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Computer systems knowledge and experience
• Strong understanding of financial markets, investments, portfolio accounting, define benefit plan, and define contribution plan
• Attention to detail, organized, ability to multi-task, excellent client service skills, proactive, self-motivated, strong work ethic, positive attitude.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.