Private Equity Research Analyst
Location: New York, NY
RSM is looking for a highly motivated Private Equity Research Analyst to work in support of the National Private Equity practice, as well as the National Private Equity Marketing and Business Development teams.
The Private Equity Research Analyst will provide research on both business and market intelligence for private equity targets by finding information from relevant internal and external sources. This individual will manipulate this acquired data into useful and relevant information that informs the sales and marketing approach at both tactical and strategic levels for private equity client/prospect pursuits. The Private Equity Research Analyst will fully understand all aspects of the firm’s private equity strategy and leverage research in order to support in driving the ongoing growth for the National Private Equity practice.
The ideal candidate will promote effectiveness and efficiency in data collection, analysis and deployment, all whole striving for innovation, flexibility and integration with technology.
- Provide the analysis, synthesis and delivery of data to provide higher value information in support of the Private Equity Business Development team, Directors and Partners
- Devise new processes, or refine existing processes, to further optimize the business development process
- Work with Private Equity Inside Sales Specialists and Business Development professionals at various stages of the sales cycle
- Design and maintain various internal communication tools, including training materials, team intranet site and videos and documents for RSM professionals working in the private equity space
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other relevant degree required
- 2+ of research experience in a professional services or financial services environment
- Prior private equity knowledge and/or experience is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and Access; technologically adept and able to master company CRM system
- Statistical/modeling software experience preferred. Audit Analytics information database experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills. Natural sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to prioritize, breakdown, synthesize and reconstruct pertinent, actionable business intelligence information that may affect a decision maker’s actions
- Self-motivation and focus. Ability to work independently with a strong client service/support orientation
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain effective personal relationships with RSM professionals at all levels
- Intellectual curiosity
- Track record of over-achieving