This position is primarily responsible for sales of first mortgage and concurrent second loan products to potential private banking and high net worth clients. Those Residential Loan Officer duties include outside sales activities to cultivate new business and expand CNB's client relationships through the sale of mortgage loan products and services, uses consultative sales skills in support of sales and business development activities, meets directly with client prospects to assess needs and present multiple mortgage product solutions, and ethically market and promote the bank's mortgage products as required in growing his/her assigned territory. Regularly and customarily travels to prospective client and referral source locations (away from CNB offices) to perform sales, business development, and related activities; following up by telephone or electronic mail as needed. In addition, as a Residential Loan Officer Lead, this position is responsible for leading a group of Residential Loan Officers in sales activities and ensuring sales goals are met.
Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act; Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
35% Management Activities:
- Manages business development sales team and associated support staff. Actively recruits, selects, develops, and motivates the staff to achieve the sales objectives of the bank.
- Ensures individual and team new business goals are being achieved. Reviews sales activity and sales goals versus actual results on a regular basis with staff. Provides direct sales coaching by joint calling to assess needs, interacts with support units, and develops solutions to ensure closure of business opportunities.
- Ensures that all business development staff is well versed in all the bank's product and services and regularly completes all required technical training (e.g. sales refresher courses, credit courses)
- Ensures the business development staff meets all compliance requirements for both regulatory and internal operating policies
65% Outside Sales: Majority of time spent is on- originating residential mortgage loans and related bank products. Originations, in large part, are to be sourced through professional relationships (example: realtors, attorneys, CPAs, business managers, financial advisors) that fit within the banks overarching financial strategy.
- Calls on clients or their designated representative's and referral sources at their places of business or other locations away from the office to prospect for and originate mortgage loans.
- Provide sound and ethical loan counseling to all potential applicants.
- Act as liaison between Bank and customer during processing and underwriting, as procedures dictate, to ensure timely processing and best in industry customer service.
- Complete the loan application and related processes with applicants while keeping with Bank policies, procedures and product guidelines and with applicable laws, regulations and accepted business practices.
- Forward substantially complete application packages to Processing and Underwriting within a system that adheres to TRID requirements.
- Develop and/or implement sourcing strategies as required by written goals.
- Meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative goals as designed by sales management. Pursuing and fulfilling compensation goals within the spirit in which they were designed and with respect to the CNB brand.
- Stay abreast of sales and business development techniques, product offerings, legal and regulatory requirements and industry and real estate trends.
- Acquire and maintain proficiency in the use of the specific software systems utilized by the bank directly and indirectly related to mortgage originations.
- Attend regularly scheduled sales meetings, training sessions and Bank functions.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management, such as special projects within the Residential Lending Division.
- Foster and maintain active relationships with civic organizations within assigned territories for community service and business development purposes.
- *Minimum 5 years of retail residential mortgage sales experience
- *Minimum 3 years of mortgage or financial experience as part of a private banking team
- *Minimum of 5 years of experience with high net worth clients
- *Minimum 2 years corporate lead/management experience
- *Must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLS.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Highly prefer network of referral sources
- Highly prefer a BA/BS degree with preference for business, finance, or economics degree
- Demonstrated superior sales and marketing ability
- Preferred experience in corporate management
- Established relationships with aforementioned professional referral networks
- Consistent written and verbal communication that is professional, thoughtful, clear and effective across all audiences, both inside and outside the bank
- Preferred experience with Net Oxygen, Salesforce, Blend, and Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of mortgage credit policies and current industry compliance standards
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/VeteransNote
: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Note
: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
With $46.9 billion in assets, City National Bank provides banking, investment and trust services through 72 offices, including 17 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville, Atlanta and Minneapolis.