Morgan Stanley is a global leader in wealth management with an extensive network of over 500 offices and 16,000 Financial Advisors around the world. Our Financial and Wealth Advisors deliver tailored solutions to fit individual investment objectives, risk tolerance and liquidity needs. We provide individuals, families, businesses and institutions with a wide variety of financial services: brokerage and investment advice, financial and wealth planning, banking and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement and trust services.
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management is an established global leader in wealth management solutions, founded by Morgan Stanley in 1977 to provide wealthy individual investors with the level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments historically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments. Today, this exclusive division is comprised of over 350 Private Wealth Advisors that are dedicated to serving ultra-high-net-worth clients, their families and foundations.
The Client Service Associate is a client-facing role. Through a combination of analytical methods, client-management skills, and market and product knowledge, the Client Service Associate will partner with team members to address the specific needs and service issues of our high net worth clients in order to cultivate existing client relationships.
The Client Service Associate provides ongoing, day-to-day support of a Private Wealth Advisor's client base and conducts various analytical tasks. While tasks may vary day to day, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Synthesizing client/prospect data to develop customized allocation reviews and developing proposals and presentations for prospects and clients
- Preparing performance measurement for clients, which involves computing account performance, analyzing investment portfolio holdings, and generating quarterly investment performance monitors
- Navigating the firm effectively and efficiently by interfacing with various departments on behalf of team to collect information, respond to requests and coordinate meetings
- Providing account information to clients and Private Wealth Advisors and maintaining key client relationships
- Learning the business and products in order to assist Private Wealth Advisors
- Taking and placing customer orders in brokerage and advisory accounts
- Independently assisting clients with market and stock research
- Participating in ongoing learning and development to enhance support of Private Wealth Advisors' business
- Complying with all industry rules and regulations and firm policies
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Finance major preferred
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.5
- Series 7 & 66 to be obtained after hire
- Additional product licenses may be required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- A strong desire and commitment to understand global capital markets
- An ability to understand and interpret numeric data, especially as it relates to financial services
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. without restriction as to duration.
- Pass a background check.
- Pass any applicable pre-employment tests.
EOE committed to diversifying its workforce.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.