Under general direction of the Senior Nurse Manager or Nurse Manager, responsible for providing disease and product specific education and support to target audiences, which may include but not limited to patients, caregivers, professionals peers, customer partnerships and Physician offices and practice areas.
This position may also work in partnership with the customer sales representatives to visit health care professionals' offices with customer sales personnel. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsibilities include patient education in the home on various drugs and self-administration techniques. Other responsibilities are adverse drug reporting, and other miscellaneous services. Keeps an organized set of ready reference materials available that is approved by the client and staying within the scope of practice for use in responding to inquiries.
- This position may provide educational programs to health care professionals or to patients as designated by the program.
- Interacts with internal representatives of Lash Group.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Flexibility of work hours required to meet business needs MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a current license issued by a state or states or jurisdiction(s) within the United States, and be unrestricted in any state.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- 3 years nursing experience required
- Must maintain basic CPR Certification
- Field Nurse Education experience preferred
- Preferred to have experience in the area of specialization based on program requirements i.e.multiple sclerosis, oncology, behavioral health, endocrinology.
- Disease state certification may be required as part of the role expectation
- Experience public speaking and or providing educational programs preferred
- Clinical and pharmaceutical knowledge;understanding of broadly based nursing practices which encompass patient assessment of and medication administration activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to travel by car or air including overnight
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet to moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.