Innovate. Boldly lead. Impact millions.
The Core Services Engineering group is leading the company’s Digital Transformation journey. We work across the entire company - building scalable, end-to-end cloud services for our future business needs. Core Services Engineering (CSE) delivers the services, applications, and websites that every Microsoft employee uses in some part of their work - benefits, expenses, time & absence reporting, to name a few? as well as services that power business processes across Microsoft. We are the first to use our own technology at enterprise scale. Our early adopter experiences, as well as best practices, offer an inside view of Microsoft, which helps inform our customers how to make our technology work for them. Success during this next business revolution lies undeniably within leadership, talent, and culture to make it happen.
Ready for this era? Come work on a team where you know your skills will be leveraged to the fullest and some more, where you work in a diverse team with opportunities to grow and have impact across all the latest Microsoft services & technologies. Within CSE, Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) is the team that engineers, deploys, and manages the internal Microsoft network infrastructure. We aspire to deliver industry leading network solutions that address Microsoft business needs at a global scale. The NIS User Access team is accountable for engineering and supporting network services that are leveraged by Microsoft users worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Engineering Leader who will drive definition, design, implementation and support of the remote connectivity services and platforms. This role will lead a globally diverse team of network engineers to deliver next-generation experiences that demonstrate customer obsession and industry leadership. The work will involves defining strategy, designing platforms, and processes across the Remote Connectivity services. This role will have the opportunity to influence at initiation through the entire service lifecycle.
Basic Skills Desired/A successful candidate will have:
• Success in people management to lead, attract, and grow talent
• Ability to think strategically and align efforts to strategy
• 3+ years’ experience developing and implementing enterprise scale services & platforms
• Demonstrated ability to understand, represent, and support technical engineering work to design, test, deploy, troubleshoot, and debug issues.
• Ability to work with senior business partners and influence strategic decisions
• Ability to guide engineering leads and influence design, implementation, and support via Agile practices Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated understanding of system or service lifecycle, and delivering solutions through development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
• Demonstrated experience working with large scale, architecture systems or services
• BS/BA in Business, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent in work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.