Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
PRO Engineering - Digital RCM Lead Application Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Greenville, Atlanta, Houston
As the PRO Engineering - Digital RCM Lead Application Engineer, you will drive business growth by enabling sales of our new digital reliability software solution including Asset Performance Management. You will interface between product development and sales, defining a configured solution as well as a benefit for each customer.
You will have opportunities to be the technical face of this product to the customer and assist the sales team with current and future opportunities from initial discussion through implementation.
As the PRO Engineering - Digital RCM Lead Application Engineer, you will:
• Prepare and consult on baseline assessments of a plant's reliability and availability
• Apply current and future product benefits into a concise narrative for the customer
• Visit customer sites as needed to assist sales in presenting a technical solution
• Visit customer sites as needed to conduct plant reliability assessments
• Perform plant level criticality analyses for reliability centered maintenance
• Own and improve the digital application engineering process
• Use the voice of the customer and the value of outcomes to influence the evolution of the program's vision
• Provide domain expertise to support customer meetings and/or collaborative efforts as required
• Execute work in accordance with the GE Power Services Engineering design practices and quality procedures
• Work closely with the global PRO Engineering team to grow organizational expertise / depth and deliver on commitments
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Materials, Nuclear or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in turbomachinery, design, analytics, or power plant domain
• Ability and willingness to travel 30% of the time, or as business requires
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
• GE Analytics Program Certification (GE Employees Only)
• Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification
• Reliability Practitioner Program Certified (RPP) (GE Employees only)
• A-Course graduate
• Self-starter able to develop, document, and execute engineering assignments with limited supervision
• Experience in power plant operations and maintenance
• Experience executing or planning a Reliability Centered Maintenance program for a plant
• Experience working with a globally based engineering team
• Experience working in a cross functional organization (i.e. systems, controls, performance)
• Ability to mentor less experienced engineers both locally and across a global team environment
• Ability to rapidly adjust to changes in directions on multiple concurrent projects based on emergent business priorities
• Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
• Effective communication skills, oral and written
• Demonstrated technical skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.