The Role: This person in this position is responsible for managing the development, editorial quality, and implementation of S&P Global Ratings¿ global portfolio of business procedures in compliance with Policy. The Procedures Manager will meet with Credit Analysts and their managers to understand current processes as well as Compliance and Regulatory Affairs to understand Policy and regulatory requirements to produce synthesized procedure documents that describe best business practice to achieve compliance. Implementing these procedures requires also working with Operations, Technology, and Analytical Education groups.
The Career Opportunity: In this position you will be introduced to the end-to-end processes for assigning Credit Ratings. Since the SOPs guide all aspects of the rating process you will be called upon to develop or improve procedures for all divisions: Structured Finance, Financial Services, Sovereigns, Public Finance, and Corporates. As new regulation is introduced or problems surface you will be required to identify and work with relevant experts and become an expert yourself so that you can most clearly describe the analytic process in compliance with Policies. You will have an opportunity, indeed be required, to present solutions to senior management.
The Team: Organizationally, the SOP team falls under In-Business Controls and provides the bridge between control functions and the business. We are a key manager of operational risk since we are responsible for ensuring the global analytical procedures are in line with Policy and best practice for the business. We have a high level view and must ensure SOPs are global and cross-departmental so we frequently form ad hoc ¿virtual¿ teams as we call upon experts from anywhere within S&P Global Ratings.
Your Skills: Very strong communication and writing skills, ability to design efficient processes, attention to detail, ability to understand importance of compliance, ability to understand regulation, ability to work independently but also share with the team, problem solving and delivery of solutions.
Our Hiring Manager says: I am looking for someone who can be handed an assignment, take initiative to determine scope, and then work with all relevant experts to design best process and produce a well-written procedure. You must be able to work independently and with rigor to deliver efficient and clear procedures.
Responsibilities and Percent of Time:
- Procedure Governance (50%): Track improvements including related approvals. Schedule periodic content reviews and maintain version tracking. Respond to requests for historic procedure versions from Legal, Compliance, Analytic Managers, etc. Upload to and maintain integrity of SOP websites and SharePoint sites.
- Editing (40%): Provide high quality editing for the portfolio of procedures, including implementing established style guide and editorial procedures. Work closely with authors of procedures (analytic and operations) to ensure effective descriptions of our processes in a manner that is readable and concise.
- Communications (10%): Communicate all SOP changes to analytic community. Support training and communication planning as related to roll outs of new and updated business procedures. Inform and coordinate with key stakeholders and other Procedures Managers globally.
- Bachelors¿ degree required, preferably in English or Business. Legal degree a plus.
- At least five years¿ editing and/or writing experience for a business or financial publication.
- Must be articulate, confident, calm under pressure, and possess strong influencing and change management skills.
- Skilled in gathering information from various experts and synthesizing this information into a cohesive, concise analysis and solution.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SharePoint a plus.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.