Praxair is a Fortune 250 company with products and technology that serve more than 20 different industries. We're one of the world's largest industrial gases businesses and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.
The United States Industrial Gas (USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is currently seeking a Mobile Nitrogen Pumper Operator
in the LaPorte, TX area. JOB SUMMARY
This position is accountable for safely, reliably, and efficiently operating mobile nitrogen pumping equipment at customer locations (i.e., refineries, chemical plants, steel mills, pipeline facilities, and electrical generation stations, etc.).
In addition, this position is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of company equipment.
This is an entry level position for a new employee with minimal or no experience. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Attain and implement daily the Praxair Safety Culture.
- Perform nitrogen pumping services for customers, while operating mobile nitrogen pumping equipment in compliance with applicable Praxair policies (SOP, quality, safety, documentation requirements)
- Ensure effective communication with management, coworkers and customers as required.
- Complete required documentation, hand written and electronic, as required for the position.
- Perform routine maintenance with limited supervision.
High School Diploma or equivalent
1-5 years relevant experience (e.g. chemical, refining, military or technical training) is preferred, but not necessary.
Certificate from a trade school or truck driving school is preferred, but not necessary.
Must be able to attain / maintain a CDL Class A License with HAZMAT endorsement
Must have mechanical aptitude
Candidate must meet all background check and drug screening requirements as set by Praxair and its customers. WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires extensive outside work, lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, bending.
The nature of this job requires extensive overtime and travel.
The position is subject to a rotating schedule and unscheduled call out work.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.