Monsanto's Luling, Louisiana plant is a chemical manufacturing facility located approximately 15 miles upriver from New Orleans on the West Bank. Monsanto's Luling Plant is proud to play a role in providing farmers, foresters, wildlife biologists, habitat restoration experts, ecologists, homeowners and numerous others with products they need for this century and the next. We have approximately 650 employees, of which about 120+ are assorted technical professionals in the fields of Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Purchasing, Logistics, and Engineering (chemical, mechanical, electrical, and quality).
The major end product manufactured in Luling is the herbicide Roundup ® . The Monsanto, Luling Plant has been a certified OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Site since 1994.
The Luling facility has a spring co-op opening available for a college student pursuing a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, process engineering, computer science/engineering or related field who has completed at least the sophomore year. Co-ops are approximately six months and will take place during the fall or spring semester of 2018.
Responsibilities may include Process Control system migration database checkout, small scale automation projects, and control system diagnosis. Other responsibilities could include project development, software development and training. Required:
- Sophomore or Junior level pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High degree of personal initiative and agility
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and a diverse culture
- Completion of a course in process controls
- Completion of a course in computer programming
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.