The Dow Chemical Company has exciting opportunities for Process Control Technicians
in Marlborough, MA
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform Troubleshooting and Maintenance:
- Diagnose and repair problems of the facility's process control equipment including PLCs, HMIs, instrumentation, control networks and associated wiring.
- Contact end users as needed to discuss specific symptoms of equipment failure and develop possible solutions and workarounds to the problems.
- Escalate and manage problems as needed to appropriate support groups such as Dow internal groups or vendor support organizations (such as Rockwell or Emerson).
- Perform Preventative Maintenance:
- This includes equipment checks, validation performance testing and equipment proof testing per previously established procedures.
- This work may include tracking and management of specialty spare parts associated with automation systems.
- This work may also include management of software backups.
- Resolve Reliability Problems:
- This includes identification of problems, research of issues, reference of company standards and contact with relevant subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Implementation of appropriate changes is also included.
- Implementation of Changes:
- At the direction of change implementers, this individual will install new equipment or software code to accomplish a requested change of plant systems.
- This includes following the Management of Change (MOC) work process.
- Installation of New Equipment:
- This includes participation on design teams, acceptance testing, installation and subsequent troubleshooting and startup.
- Follow-up work includes training, documentation and establishment of PM procedures and schedules.
- Small Project Management:
- The individual will be responsible for small project management such as identifying user needs, generating and recommending technical options, developing estimates and schedules, and purchasing and installing equipment and software.
- Achieving Company Quality Goals:
- Work towards reducing product variation and to the spirit and body of continuous improvement.
- Strive for a better understanding of our customers' requirements.
- Maintain proficiency in problem solving techniques.
- Embrace the concept of teamwork.
- Take ownership for the quality of the products produced and services performed.
- Comply With Company Safety Practices:
- This individual complies with and aids in the development of company safety rules.
- Ensures all equipment is in good working order and operates in a safe manner.
- Follows procedures for handling and disposal of equipment.
- Monitors area for hazards.
- Uses safety equipment when required.
- Maintains a safe, clean work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with standard process control equipment. This includes DCS Systems such as Emerson, DeltaV and PLCs such as Allen Bradley, GE/Fanuc, etc. The minimum years of experience may be in any industrial and/or facility automated process control equipment environment.
- Knowledge of ladder logic programming is required. Experience with standard plant/facility instrumentation such as flow, pressure, level, and temperature.
- Experience with specifying and designing instrumentation including development of Proportional Integral Derivatives (PIDs), functional descriptions, specifications, loop drawings and tuning PID controls is required.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage time and materials is required.
- Written and spoken English language skills are required.
- On-Call Requirements:
- This position will work a normal 40 hour daytime work week, typical hours are 7 AM - 4:30 PM with on-call expectations required.
- On-call expectations are expected requiring periodic off shift presence for troubleshooting and repair efforts. (Rotation will be established.) Candidate selected will need to be within a one (1) hour typical commute of the facility.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Five (5) years of experience working with standard process control equipment is preferred in industrial or facility management environment with DCS and PLC experience is preferred.
- Current Massachusetts Licensed Electrician is preferred.
- US certification in ISA Certified Control Systems Technician is highly desirable.
- A minimum of High School diploma or GED is required.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.