Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding the required outcomes of Extrusion lines.
- Designing/modifying processes and equipment related to productivity, maintaining quality standards, scrap reduction, cost effective within budget.
- Implementing process designs, creating prototypes, testing, making necessary modifications where required and commissioning the process.
- Function as Production Supervisor on occasion as required.
- Assessing safety requirements and ensuring that these are integrated into the process.
- Working closely with Production, Maintenance and Quality to ensure achievement of common goals and projects.
- Integrating new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
- Assisting with implementation and maintenance of ISO 9001 practices and methods.
- Lead Plant MSDS process and maintain all associated legal requirements.
- Executes AMI's objectives, meeting commitments and working within the guidelines
- A solid foundation in engineering concepts.
- Knowledge of the product or services and the extrusion industry.
- Familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) principles.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a keen attention to detail are also essential.
- Project management, leadership and team work skills are important to ensure that all factors come together to complete a given assignment on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with co-workers across all levels.
- Solid understanding of basic Quality standards and processes, to support establishment of Standard Work procedures.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related science field, preferably chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Experience with vinyl extrusion a plus
- Three (3+) plus years related experience especially in extrusion and/or plastics industry or other manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and implementation experience
- Solid experience and knowledge with regard to Quality requirements in a manufacturing facility
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprint and engineering documents
- Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to discuss operational requirements with all levels of personnel
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.
Videos To Watch
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.