The Dow Chemical Company currently has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to be located in the Houston, TX office within the Technical Expertise & Support for Engineering Solutions & Maintenance (TES) Department. The process engineer supports the definition and implementation of business goals by providing technical and economical solutions to capital project teams, plant personnel, and improvement engineers. The process engineer is responsible for developing Process Engineering Deliverables according to Dow's project methodology.
Within capital project teams the individual is responsible for the timely delivery of process engineering deliverables according to Dow's project methodology. The process engineer is fully qualified as proficient in the application of chemical engineering skills and independently applies this knowledge in practical application.
- Ensure that the Process Engineering Work Process Discipline and Global Project Methodology are followed to provide process engineering deliverables for projects
- Support improvement teams in the definition, evaluation and implementation of improvement projects according to the respective business objectives and goals
- Provide value adding technical solutions and/or implementation of most effective technology to project teams
- Develop and enhance key process engineering competencies such as steady state modeling, dynamic modeling, specific unit operations designs, fluid dynamics, heat transfer calculations, and others
- Travel may be required for projects outside home location
- Must be willing to work on projects at different geographies/locations
- A minimum of 3 years is required, but prefer 5 or more years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Project experience is a requirement
- Process design experience is required
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering is required.
NOTE: This position does not offer relocation benefits.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food. Andthere’s a science to our success. Discover how we do it.