The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity for right individuals to fill the role of Process Engineer located within our Technical Expertise & Support for Engineering Solutions & Maintenance (TES) Department, in Deer Park, TX. The process engineer ("PE") supports the definition and implementation of business goals and objectives for site-executed small and intermediate, capital and expense projects by providing technical and economical solutions to project teams, plant personnel, and improvement personnel. The Process Engineer is responsible for developing Process Engineering Deliverables according to Dow's project methodology and for supporting manufacturing plants with troubleshooting and consulting services.
The PE will organize and direct the process engineering activities and/or will serve as the sole engineer of expense, capital or improvement projects. The successful candidate will provide overall planning and organization of the process design and direct process engineering teams in the development and delivery of basic engineering packages that meet schedule, budget, quality, and Environmental, Health and Safety metrics established by the capital project steering team.
- As a member of the Project Steering Team, lead the coordination of process design with Design Engineering, Process Control, Project Management and other stakeholders for the efficient execution of project deliverables.
- Establish, monitor and maintain the process engineering scope of work as well as the content and quality of the process engineering deliverables.
- Prepare, monitor and execute PE staffing plans, and provide periodic updates to project, business, and functional leadership.
- Ensure that a written Technology Implementation Plan is prepared and it includes the objective and function of all facilities needed to accomplish the intent of the project.
- Assure effective delivery and leveraging of both core process design and subject matter expertise to ensure the final design meets business objectives.
- Active participation on the Project Steering Team and in the development of the FEL, Project Execution, Technology Implementation, MET and VIP plans
- Support improvement teams in the definition, evaluation and implementation of improvement projects according to the respective business objectives and goals.
- Provide value-adding technical solutions and/or implementation of most effective technology to project teams according to the units / teams objectives and goals.
- Leverage key process engineering competencies, such as steady state modeling, dynamic modeling, specific unit operations designs (e.g., Heat Exchange, Distillation), fluid dynamics calculations and others to PE team members as needed.
- Ensure that the Process Engineering Work Process Discipline and Global Project Methodology are followed to provide Process Engineering Deliverables for projects.
- Ensure delivery of basic process safety documentation including LOPA, LPPs, and reactive chemical/process hazard analysis (RC/PHA).
- 7 years in an engineering or manufacturing environment is required, but prefer 10 years or more.
- Process design engineering experience in basic chemical engineering skills to do major equipment sizing, i.e. heat exchangers, pressure vessels, distillation columns, line size calculations is required.
- Capital and Expense project experience is required.
- Experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, or Energy industry is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Methodologies is preferred.
- Chemical process modeling experience is preferred, such as ASPEN Simulation knowledge.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering is required.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food. Andthere’s a science to our success. Discover how we do it.