Location: Fairburn, Georgia - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Process Engineer is responsible for ensuring our products meet our customers' exact requirements and that our processes are capable and consistent. The successful candidate will have demonstrated people leadership in prior roles and will continue to develop leadership skills in this role.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.Reports to
: Plant Technical LeaderSpan of Control
: All manufacturing process and products assigned to the plant.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Live the OC Safety Stand and adhere to Employee Safety Responsibilities
- Build and foster an "incident-free" safety culture among all employees
- Utilize technical knowledge to provide a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors
- Ensure all practices and procedures within the Leader's control are safe, environmentally compliant, and permit compliant
Technical Excellence and Process Optimization (60%)
- Understand current manufacturing process capability, drive to reduce variation, and ensure product quality and consistency to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuously improve manufacturing productivity through process technology, optimizing density, piece job, spinner usage, operating efficiency, and other direct costs (direct materials, energy, transportation, and labor)
- Ensures nonconforming products are not shipped to our customers and contributes to root cause analyses
- Participate in leadership of Perfect Process initiatives, supporting the Technical Leader as necessary
- Ensure Insulation Operations maintains process standards and leverages knowledge for rapid deployment of best practices
- Act as primary plant contact with the Product & Process Innovation Teams to implement development improvements
- Participate in the charter, scope development, and execution of projects, including rebuilds, to ensure safety, performance, schedule and cost goals of the projects are met or exceeded
- Ensure that all customer complaints are thoroughly investigated (root cause analysis), and eliminate repetitive complaints
- Promote a data-driven approach to all process and quality related problems
- Facilitate process and quality related training to ensure understanding of customer requirements, process variables, SPC, procedures and practices, ISO management systems (as applicable) for all employees in the plant.
- Actively participate in the manufacturing engineering network and be a conduit for best practice sharing in the plant with respect to process control and product quality.
Knowing Our Customer (20%)
- Understand and communicate customer expectations to employees through effective use of process and product specifications, standard work, control plans, and routine reporting
- Ensure standard processes are defined and in place that will reliably provide products that meet customer performance expectations
- Facilitate a culture to develop, maintain, and continuously improve customer relationships
- Drive understanding of customer requirements and the relationship to plant process variables to ensure that products meet the customer FFU at all times
- Actively work with OC Sales to stay current with customer needs, product performance in the field, and opportunities for expanded product offerings or performance
Leading and Developing Talent (20%)
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Create and sustain a culture where Manufacturing Engineer talent is developed through effective technical training and provide appropriate feedback on individual performance and talent evaluation
- Act as Development Coach when appropriate and mentor other Development Coaches for early career development participants, creating the appropriate developmental experience and assuring the program outcome is achieved
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Five years technical experience as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Proven results in driving product and process improvement in the manufacturing environment
About Owens Corning
- Utilizing data systems and Six Sigma methods to eliminate manufacturing losses and unnecessary costs
- Impactful verbal and written communications
- Business and financial acumen
- Strong planning, resourcing, and delegation skills
- Ability to engage and care for others, starting with safety
- Ability to achieve results quickly, both individually and through teams
- Demonstrates and inspires company spirit
- An inspirational leader
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology