As the Process Engineer, you will be accountable for a broad range of responsibilities including daily support for Operations,Process Monitoring and Optimization, and leadership for process safety and environmental compliance activities. Additionally, you will take a key role in various special assignments such as turnaround support activities, project commissioning and catalyst selection. The Process Engineer will function as a team member to assure availability and to optimize across the refinery and support the daily operation of one of the operating units. You will be responsible for developing ideas, technical assurance, design criteria and building business cases for project investments.Key accountabilities
- Deliver personal capability - accountable for growing professionally, and exploring opportunities that establish the basis for long term career planning
- Deliver Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental compliance - accountable for personal and process safety, compliance to standards and applying technical knowledge to unit health, safety, security, and environmental issues
- Network with site manufacturing technical representatives, commercial, projects organizations, technology networks, and other BP sites sharing and bringing applied information on short-term tactical and strategic initiatives, programs, and projects to Whiting.
- Support asset owner's interests pertaining to compliance, sustaining and capability/growth front-end work.
- Monitor and communicate unit technical process status, risks, and opportunities. This includes maintaining and developing advanced monitoring tools and interfacing with Reliability, Inspection and Commercial teams.
- Provide technical leadership for Operations, Environmental and Technology issues.
- Deliver operational technical support through improved process improvements, turnarounds, performance tests, and troubleshooting exercises. This may include occasionally working shift/evening/weekend schedule.
- Deliver technical learning - accountable for ensuring technical knowledge is captured, maintained, and easily retrievable and shared appropriately.
- Provide in-department backfill coverage for other engineers.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering.
- Technical Bachelor's Degree and equivalent time in a related role will be considered.
A minimum of 5 years plant technical, operations or maintenance experience.Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Working knowledge of refinery unit operations
- Experience building and maintaining Process Models and their application with an LP.
- Knowledge of Safety Systems (SIS, PSV, etc.)
- Knowledge of Fuels Blending
Yes - Domestic (In country) onlyTravel required
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "08-Jan-2018" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.