Panasonic Corporation will work with Tesla Motors, Inc. to begin manufacturing photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics,
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production is projected to begin this year. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for a Process Engineer .
What You’ll Get to Do:
Key tasks with respect to the Cell Production Department:
Achieve the department KPI planned by the manager on daily or monthly basis.
- The department KPI is as follows:
- Production plan achievement rate (On-time delivery)
- Productivity (Output per head)
- Production yield
- Production loss (Failure cost)
- Production cost (Direct/Indirect labor, Depreciation, Indirect material, Power, Maintenance & Repair etc.)
- Inventory amount and Inventory difference
- If problems occur in the process, work with the technical department and the quality department to resolve it
- Check monthly and daily production plans and actual progress, improve if there is a divergence
- Monitor the progress of production and improve if there are problems
- Understand inventory of production materials and conduct reduction activities
- Improve productivity, quality loss, production cost and reduce divergence between plan and actual results
- Promote and maintain safety and health in your department
- Perform monthly inventory (fixed assets, supplementary materials, stored goods, main material) and improve if there is a difference
- Daily confirmation of facility operation status (occupancy rate)
- Maintain equipment (equipment parts management, troubleshooting)
- Establish maintenance plan and carry out maintenance
- If the equipment is not sufficient for safety, take action
- Understand the latest information on product specifications, engineering technology, production process Ad-Hoc
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company Authority
- Responsible for discipline/KPI performance Scope
- Report to the Manager in the manufacturing department
- Support employees
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Engineering-based vocational school, college degree and above
- Experience in repairing and managing manufacturing equipment is desirable Competencies:
- Optimize condition of equipment
- PLC programming perferred.
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Collaboration with domestic and overseas teams
- Machine maintenance
- Human resources development
- Strong awareness for safety
- PC operation Competencies:
- Have knowledge of vacuum equipment
- Have knowledge of chemical solution
- PLC control capability Communications:
- Explain things logically
- Skills to interpersonal relationships such as wording, writing, analysis
- Ability to respond to inquiries from superiors and employees Other Requirements:
- Employee lifting up to 25 pounds, transporting work
- Handles general chemicals and gas used in solar cell manufacturing
- Sometimes work in a clean room
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate
- Sometimes perform activities outside the factory (international / domestic)
- Day shift
- In-house inspector registration required
- Candidates must be willing to work in a clean room environment (as needed), wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- No cosmetics shall be worn in the cleanrooms. This includes: lipstick, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eye liner, false eye lashes, fingernail polish, hair spray, mousse, or the heavy use of aerosols, after shaves and perfumes.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.