Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
West Point Technical Operations - Biological/Bacterial Manufacturing is seeking highly motivated individuals to support a technical support team for project execution across multi-product vaccine manufacturing facilities. This role will partner with Operations, Quality, and support groups to meet execute and support key projects for the business including qualification of manufacturing facilities, continue improvement changes, and strategic production initiatives. The subject position will be responsible for the following:
- Author/update technical and manufacturing documents necessary for process design/definition, engineering studies, process demonstrations, and validation.
- Design/conduct experimental protocols as needed using the Technical Operations lab facilities and/or production equipment at full scale.
- Support project execution per project schedules and timelines.
- Support execution of change control inclusive of change definition, risk assessments, impact assessments, task execution, implementation, and support of associated regulatory filings.
- Examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve the root cause.
- Develop and assure consistent application of standardized work, engineering, and process tools.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing for complex problems and issues.
- Work as a team member on complete manufacturing investigations, process improvement and/or validation projects.
- BS in Biological Sciences/Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Chemistry
- BS with one (1) year of relevant technical experience
- Excellent academic record
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team skills, personal character, and ethics
- Engineering, Biology, or Chemistry educational background
- Working knowledge of cGMPs
- Prior experience in biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement