At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Process Engineer for the facility located in Cumberland, Wisconsin. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
3M Cumberland manufactures abrasive products to customer specifications for a variety of industrial markets. The person hired for the position of Process Engineer would be primarily responsible for driving safety, quality, and cost improvements in abrasive converting processes. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
NOTE: This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.Basic Qualifications:
- Leading Lean Six Sigma teams and Product and Process Understanding (PPU) efforts to improve safety, increase yields, improve productivity, and raise the bar for process capability on manufacturing equipment.
- Creating and maintaining standard operating procedures, work instructions, and test methods.
- Providing process line support for lamination, rotary converting, laser, slitting, and web handling,
- Efficiently troubleshoot defects and variation, performing root cause analysis and applying systemic problem solving skills and robust solutions.
- Proactively communicate at all levels of the organization to drive direction and positive change.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional standards, complies with corporate policies, and lives 3M values, behaviors, and ethics.
- Supporting supply chain and quality continuous improvement efforts and help drive new product introduction (NPI) and new technology introduction (NTI) programs.
- Participation in daily Tier LMS meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of engineering experience (private, public, government or military)
- Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of web converting technologies including automation
- Experience using Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology for problem solving and control plans
- Ability to apply statistical tools and complete data analysis (SPC, DOE, Minitab)
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful, on-time completion in a safe manner as well as have the ability to be an active contributing team member
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
: Cumberland, WITravel:
May include up to 10 %Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.