At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Process Engineer for the 3M Greenville Plant located in Greenville, South CarolinaJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Process Engineer will be part of the engineering team dedicated to the production of PET films. This individual will be responsible for process improvement projects, process performance, and quality investigations for their area of responsibility. The ideal candidate will work in a manufacturing environment with cross functional teams utilizing interpersonal skills, engineering experience, and project management capabilities to help deliver value and growth.
The Film Plant is located on 100 acres in Greenville, South Carolina and produces a wide variety of polyester multilayer films with advanced materials, microscopic structures, and other technologies used in many 3M products.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively support site safety through personal actions and decisions; working in a safe manor to promote a safe and healthy work environment.
- Actively participate in the day-to-day operations, specifically daily tier process, EHS activities, MOC process change management, OEE analysis, and resolution of any gaps in performance.
- Track and monitor performance of your area and ensure the process is capable and can maintain its capabilities.
- Lead improvement projects and problem solving events to determine root causes for problems that occur and implement permanent long term solutions to resolve those problems.
- Monitor and improve manufacturing operations using Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology (design of experiments, statistical process control, lean management system, kaizens, DMAIC).
- Utilized product and process understanding & optimization of the processes to improve overall product quality and productivity levels.
- Support scale up and launch of new products and technologies including participation on NPI and NTI projects.
- Establishes a network of resources and contacts to meet business goals and customer needs.
- Actively participating in cross functional, divisional and cultural teams.
- Willingness to be on-call to support 24/7 operations.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing engineering, process engineering, product engineering, and/or product development
- Any one of the following combinations of experience and education from an accredited learning institution:
- Bachelor's degree or higher AND a minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Vocational/Trade/Technical diploma or Associates degree AND a minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Self-starter/self-directed motivated engineer with high personal integrity and positive attitude that leads with high energy and passion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills to manage different priorities.
- Proven Strong organization and leadership skills with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, hands-on talent and analytical comprehension
- Previous experience with coating and web handling processes
- Statistics training, including SPC, Design of Experiments, Six Sigma Methodology and Minitab.
- Good Communication skills and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of an organization from production to management.
- Proven track of continuous process improvement
- Effective facilitation, communication and teaching skills
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
May include up to 10% travelRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.