Requires in-depth knowledge in thin film deposition process in semiconductor or display industry. Design and execute experiment to solve complex problems. Interprets data and recommends best practices. Take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
1. Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a wide range of complex process engineering experiments for multiple products, within safety guidelines
2. Utilize techniques to characterize hardware, define methods and apply new technologies to characterize hardware, and/or perform hardware characterization on a wide range of complex systems for multiple products, within safety guidelines
3. Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, technical reports and generate process engineering specifications
4. Develop, plan and execute process engineering projects, within safety guidelines
5. Train engineers in measurement techniques of film properties and guide them in the interpretation of the data, new methodologies, troubleshooting techniques and resolve a wide range of complex process engineering issues/problems for multiple products
6. Interact with customers to resolve a wide range of complex process engineering issues/problems with limited to no supervision
7. Design and implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
8. Identify, select and work with vendors and suppliers with limited to no supervision
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
• Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
• Solves complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
• Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
• Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
MS or PH.D. Degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics
Skills & knowledge
Semiconductor fabrication process or related knowledge
Flat panel display fabrication process or related knowledge
3 - 4 Years of Experience in semiconductor or display industry
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.