Develops new or modified process formulations, defines processing or handling equipment requirements and specifications, and reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of products. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing. Coordinates design requirement review with appropriate engineering/scientific personnel to ensure compatibility of processing methods. Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications. May conceive and plan projects involving definition and selection of new concepts, equipment automation technology, and approaches in the processing or development of new or improved processes. The primary focus of this position is to: design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on moderately difficult process engineering experiments; perform hardware characterization on moderately difficult systems; and measure film properties and interpret data. Key Responsibilities:
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a variety of difficult process engineering experiments, within safety guidelines
- Perform hardware characterization on a variety of difficult systems, within safety guidelines
- Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
- Interact with customers to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues/problems with limited supervision
- Measure film properties and interpret data
- Identify, select and work with vendors and suppliers with limited supervision
- Implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
Requires Bachelor degree and 4~7 year working experience, Master degree and 1~3 year working experience, or doctorate degree and 1~2 year working experience. Requires in-depth knowledge and experience for PECVD or Thin Film Transistor (TFT) device or display industry. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Materials Science, Electrical engineering, Chemical engineering, Physics
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.