At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Process Engineer for the Industrial Business Group - Advanced Materials Division located in Lexington, KY. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Process Engineer will be part of the engineering team which is dedicated to the production of Cathodes and Bearings. This individual will be the main contact for the production staff regarding technical related issues. In addition, they will be responsible for process improvement projects, process performance, and quality investigations for their area of responsibility.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Support site safety requirements and work in a safe manor to promote a safe and healthy work environment
- Support production staff when technical questions or issues arise
- Lead improvement projects and problem solving events to improve the process
- Track and monitor performance of your area and ensure the process is capable and can maintain its capabilities
- Determines root causes for problems that occur and implements permanent long term solutions to resolve those problems
- Initiate quality investigations using appropriate problem solving tools
- Support R&D with process developments and trials
- Receive calls from production in off hours to answer questions or provide direction when needed
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of three (3) years of Process or Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Experience with highly complex assembly operations
- Previous problem solving experience in a production environment
- Good Communication skills and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of an organization from production to management.
Lexington, KY Travel:
May include up to 5% Relocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.