Applied Materials' PPC Business Unit seeks a qualified Sr. Engineer for our Kalispell location to develop copper Damascene electrochemical plating processes . Responsibilities
- Own and complete process-related projects that may/may not include changing hardware to improve process results
- Plan, execute, and analyze results of design of experiments
- Plan, execute, and analyze chemistry marathons and process aspects of HW & SW marathons
- Resolve process scale-up issues
- Plan, execute, and analyze customer demos
- Help resolve customer technical issues via lab experiments and by on-site troubleshooting
- Create, file, and presenting papers and patents on the cutting-edge technology
- Manage projects that change hardware to improve process results
- Work with Chemical and component vendors to improve process quality
- Lead process 8D's stemming from customer issues
- Develop next gen tool requirements/roadmap
- Able to work independently as well as in teams
- Able to design and analyze experiments through statistical software packages such as JMP
- Diligent in recording all aspects of experiments and their results in a manner that is easily shareable with other team members for future review and analysis (i.e., well organized)
- Able to summarize pertinent data in PowerPoints and be able to present those results clearly
- Able to lead a small team to complete a project
- Flexible to change and open to performing tasks that might not be central to their normal role
- Prefer someone that has real process experience with Semitool Raider tools, Applied Materials iECP or SlimCell tools, Novellus Sabre tools, or other competitor electrochemical plating tool
Chinese , German, or Korean language skills preferred. 10-15%/year of travel is requiredQualifications: Education and Experience
- BS in Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or related technical discipline, and 10 years directly related experience, or equivalent.
- MS in Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or related technical discipline, and 7 years directly related experience preferred, or equivalent.
- Previous work experience: process engineering experience in a development or manufacturing environment.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.