Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a wide range of complex process engineering experiments for multiple products, within safety guidelines
- Utilize techniques to characterize hardware, define methods and apply new technologies to characterize hardware, and/or perform hardware characterization on a wide range of complex systems for multiple products, within safety guidelines
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, technical reports and generate process engineering specifications
- Develop, plan and execute process engineering projects, within safety guidelines
- Train engineers in measurement techniques of film properties and guide them in the interpretation of the data, new methodologies, trouble shooting techniques and resolve a wide range of complex process engineering issues/problems for multiple products
- Interact with customers to resolve a wide range of complex process engineering issues/problems with limited to no supervision
- Design and implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
- Identify, select and work with vendors and suppliers with limited to no supervision
- This technical staff position leads and/or develops and executes exceptionally complex technology and engineering projects and leads research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Works on difficult issues that impact design and product success and/or addresses future concepts, products or technologies. Success is measured by one or more of the following: incremental revenue growth, market share increases, key customer penetrations, time to market improvement and commercial value of the work.
- Within safety guidelines design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on unusually complex engineering experiments and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions. Recognized for technical expertise.
- Conceive and implement new technology, normally participate in at least one critical patent, and received recognition through at least one award and/or published paper within the last five years.
- Collaborates to work on difficult issues that impact design and product success and/or addresses future concepts, products and technologies.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.