As owner of the processes used to manufacture the transfer, or thermosetting, materials, the Transfer materials process control engineer is responsible to assure the quality of transfer materials.
Identify and Implement Process Controls in the manufacture of all transfer materials.
- Act to correct out-of-control processes as identified by process control charts and/or material property charts.
- Improve first time yield in the manufacture of transfer materials.
- Reduce lead times to produce manufacture of transfer materials.
- Develop calibration, preventative maintenance (PM) and spare parts standards for all equipment used in the manufacture of transfer materials.
- Maintain Work Instructions and corporate specification manuals relevant to the manufacture of transfer materials.
- Work with suppliers to improve quality of incoming raw materials used in the manufacture of transfer materials.
- Work with Product Engineers to improve quality of transfer materials through the core manufacturing processes.
- Work with external customers via taskforces and action workouts to improve quality of transfer material through the casting process.
- Assist in scheduling, releasing, testing, and inventory control activities associated with compound manufacturing.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Materials Science, Ceramic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 months of manufacturing experience which may include combined internships/Coops.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder') Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- 3 years of experience with ceramics manufacturing processes.
- 1 year Project Management experience.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.