This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
This position is located in Plant 3, Whitehall Casting, and will support the manufacture of Single Crystal and Directionally Solidified and Equiaxed product through process control and improvement initiatives specific to the Monoshell® process.
- Candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the shell processes are performed in compliance with the methods, materials and equipment specifications as detailed in the BU manual, business operating procedures, and customer requirements.
- Foster continuous improvement utilizing Six Sigma methodology, Process Management, SPC to reduce variation and improve capability
- Contribute to the development of corporate best practices for raw materials, manufacturing techniques, control metrics, analysis, and new equipment specifications
- Responsible for determination of the root cause of any deviation from critical process specifications or downstream product specifications and providing technical support to resolve shell related issues.
- Work with facilites and finance departments to plan and execute projects, including capital improvements
- Institute proper project monitoring, follow-up, and feedback system to ensure financial and contract targets are met (i.e. yields, rework)
- Educate operators about the process and proper procedures, including creating/revising work instructions and training materials
- BS in Materials Science or Ceramic Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or lab environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Based on experience, this may be filled as a Job Band 25.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to work in a self-directed or team environment
- Experience in investment casting is preferred, specifically in the areas of slurry production and control, firing of ceramics
- Knowledge of basic robotic programming
- Knowledge of MS Office, Minitab, JMP, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Arconic Process Management a plus.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.