At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Process Engineer for the Abrasive Systems Division Plant located in Royersford, PA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Process Engineer
will continue to maintain ten plus million dollars in precision plated product sales, and continue to be recognized as the 3M's Center of Excellence for Precision Electroplating, and continuing to develop and improve all products and processesPrimary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for performing and guiding technical activities resulting from approved self-initiated or assigned manufacturing programs leading to innovative applications and extensions of existing or new products/ technologies having major importance to the business of the division/business/staff organization.
- Expands the use of extensive knowledge of statistical techniques for monitoring and improving manufacturing processes. Improves upon these skills through regular participation in appropriate activities.
- Initiates, identifies, recommends, and oversees programs in the manufacturing area of responsibility to improve: 1) product cost, service, and quality, and/or (2) process safety and health/environmental impact.
- Planning for multiple product lines including training, equipment, and future expansion, new product development, and process improvements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Electroplating experience a plus
- Self-directed, detail oriented, good interpersonal, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with all employees within the plant
- Analytical, leadership, project planning, program development and deployment skills
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
May include up to 5% domesticRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.