About the Job
The mission of Process Engineer is to support maintenance of ongoing operations by ensuring reliable throughput and high quality on an ongoing basis for all launched products across all live clients. The Process Engineer is also charged with identifying and escalating coverage gaps and potential improvements that decrease operational risk and increase scalability. Weekend work is required for this position.About You
No specific work experience required. Preference for:
- Engineering degree (Chemical, Industrial, or like preferred)
- Knowledge of structured problem solving
- Demonstrated success in an unstable environment
- Ongoing Operations
- Learn application architecture well enough to determine the impact of various changes
- Learn how our application interacts with our vendors and how to pull relevant information for other teams.
- Identify new "out of control" conditions
- Perform initial investigation of production errors and escalate as necessary
- Participate RCAs and retrospectives as necessary
- Communicate status updates to internal teams
- Communicate status updates to vendors
- Ask for help when needed
- Scalability Improvements
- Identify and clearly communicate...
- ... problems inherent to current processes (root causes)
- ... potential future problems (root causes)
- ... potential solutions to identified problems
- ... potential opportunities for mistake proofing
- ... needs to complete or speed up an improvement
- ... progress towards on-going improvements
- Do no harm (Don't implement improvements for our team that hurt other teams)
- Work with other teams to correct up-stream root causes
- Able to effectively prioritize
- Calm under pressure
- Comfortable speaking with technical / non-technical contacts on internal / external teams
- Ability to excel in ambiguous work environment
- Ability to ask for help when appropriate
Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the design, development, modifications, debugging, and evaluation of programs for use in internal systems within a specific function area.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.