As an individual contributor , helps Applied achieve its short and long-term objective. Utilizes highly specialized skills to increase operational efficiencies in support of Applied's business objectives. Promotions into this level require approval from senior level Executives and/or for the E Band, a governance board or entity.Key Responsibilities
- Leads advanced, practical applications of scientific theory and exceptionally complex processes in the development and ongoing technical management of the unit's products
- Interact with key customers to resolve exceptionally complex process engineering issues for the division to address our customers High Value Problems (HVP)
- Participates in strategic planning to integrate research and development processes with both the unit and the Product Business Group's overall business plan
- Responsible for research, development and implementation in new products and extensions or enhancements to existing product lines
- Responsible for alpha engineering program regarding all process technology related issues for the division/segment
- Responsible for alpha and beta product release for the division/segment
- Demonstrates a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a discipline. The role must keep abreast of new developments in order to help define the necessary changes to policy and practice
- Utilizes highly specialized skills to expand Applied's technology footprint or customer base or to increase operational efficiencies in support of Applied's business objectives
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. This includes enabling the business unit to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads key cross-functional project teams or initiatives. Acts as a mentor and role model to others within the organization
- Exercises a high degree of autonomy when making decisions that impact the business unit or function deliverables
- Decisions impact annual goal attainment and contribute to achievement of important objectives of the business unit and may impact other external functions or groups
- Demonstrates sound communication skills to be able to modify the beliefs and opinions of other peers in the business unit.
- Creates strong business relationships with key stakeholders to enlist their active support
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.