The Process Engineer is responsible for participating in the development and maintenance of the policies and procedures applicable to the financial operations of the plant in the areas of standard costs, expense budgets, profit planning, forecasting and appropriations. This position has the authority to carry out the basic functions and responsibilities described and supported by the facility's organizational chart.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, direct and coordinates manufacturing processes: Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, process variables, tooling and production equipment capabilities, process methods, and quality control standards.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
• Confers with vendors to determine product guidelines and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials and tooling and evaluates products based upon process window and quality standards.
• Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing production processes.
• Applies statistical methods and data driven problem solving to supply capable equipment, tools, materials and processes to manufacturing.
• Overview initial machine process, document all proposals for improved efficiencies and make adjustments as required.
• Continually monitor all processes related to injection molding.
• Participate in the advanced product quality planning FMEA activities for the development of the control plan for all manufactured parts by the injection molding department.
• Direct all changes or modifications to the control plan resulting from continuous improvement activities as well as internal and external customer requirements.
• Responsible for start-up and set-up of new tools and resins, and for conducting tool and resin trials, including documentation.
• Analyze and resolve process problems as well as initiate and implement cost reduction programs to process technology in molding department.
• Evaluate and propose use of new technology improvement in the molding department.
• Supervise the Process Technician, Resin Processors and Grinders.
Reporting to the Operations Quality manager
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related technical field
• 3+ years of related experience- Automotive industry highly preferred
• Must have experience processing plastics and setting tools
• Knowledge of automation systems and controls a must
• Proven ability to train and supervise Process Technicians
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.