Manufacturing Process Engineer Shift: 7pm-4am (Monday-Friday) What you will do
The Process Engineer is responsible for participating in the development and support execution of quality processes, problem solving, and continuous improvement through collaboration with corporate Quality, Product /Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations. How you will do it
What we look for
- Plan, direct, and coordinates manufacturing processes: Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of materials and parts, process variables, tooling and production equipment capabilities, process methods, and quality control standards.
- Confers with vendors to determine product guidelines and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials and tooling and evaluates products based upon process window and quality standards.
- Applies statistical methods and data driven problem solving to supply capable equipment, tools, materials and processes to manufacturing.
- Continually monitor, analyze, and resolve process problems. Document all proposals for improved efficiencies and make adjustments as required. Responsible for start-up, set-up, and validation of new tools and equipment, and for conducting trials, including documentation.
- Support development and on-going execution of Quality Processes for new product / process launch and change control at the plant level.
- Participate in the advanced product quality planning FMEA activities for the development of the control plan.
- Evaluate and propose use of new technology improvement.
- Champion for the site calibration system and program equipment on site for improved quality control and efficiency.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related technical field
Who we are
- 3+ years of related experience- Automotive industry highly preferred
- Knowledge of automation systems and controls a must
- Competent in the use of core quality tools
- Previous product launch experience a plus
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS Quality Standards, VDA, Black Belt training, and Document Control.
- Experience with MS Access, Minitab, MS Excel, PLC programming and or experience with MS SQL a plus.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com